Sunday, April 16, 2006

AS IF ON THE WIND (FOR MY BROTHER HUEY)












AS IF ON THE WIND
(FOR MY BROTHER HUEY)


March 2006
Terribly over medicated
Hearty suicidal doses
Awash in chemical hell
Meniere’s sea sick trip
None can possibly relate without a taste
This silent vertigo affliction
I crashed into the wall
A caustic broken man
Resounding flutter
Deepest bipedal level
So vulnerable
Hopes dashed beyond consolation
Helpless desolation
My life
Hung upon a distant black star
Death
Not an issue then
Not an issue now
Blessed friend and neighbor
Drug me out of my forsaken bed
Self pity
Misery personified
My aging body
Resounding withdrawal seizures
Shook my unglued soul
Beautiful vision of faith
On a swell of Angels hymn
He stood tall
Enraptured
Reverent man of God
My brother Huey
Anointed messenger
He marched
Higher
Soaring while he preached
As if on the wind
Gentle healing hands
Soft and consecrated
Blissful human touch
Fragrant hallowed oil of restoration
Mighty bolts of electrifying power
Surging through my transformed shell
Yahweh’s glorious outpouring
Touched my inner vein
Never shall I be the same
Transformed
Joyous birth
A new child within
My Lord
Grateful am I
Forever more
Shall I sing your sublime praises




Exodus 15:2 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

2 The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him.

© Bill Grimes Jr. 2006

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive