Wednesday, November 02, 2011

TEMPERAMENTAL NOTIONS







November 2nd, 2011
Huntsville Alabama
Cotton fields ablaze
In stark white contrast
To the dry heather grassland
The burnt orange foliage
Sacred dark earth
Cross fire melancholy
Awkward fantasy
Obscure destiny
Mixed with a dash of Mountain Dew
Deep in contemplation
Humble self-reflection
As I ponder my direction
Simply smile
I’ve journeyed 9,000 miles
Only to return erstwhile
Fascinating circle
From the root of my search
Polythene Pam
Mean Mustard Man
I’ve immersed myself in music
Across this noble land
“Once there was a way”
“To get back homeward”
So many lessons learned
Tanks of petrol burned
Countless pages turned
“Out of college, money spent
“See no future, pay no rent”
“All the money's gone, nowhere to go”
“Any jobber got the sack”
“Monday morning, turning back”
“Yellow lorry slow, nowhere to go”
“But, oh, that magic feeling”
“Nowhere to go”
“Oh, that magic feeling”
“Nowhere to go”
The Abbey Road Medley
A perfect nomad anthem
Live without a net
Never to forget
The beautiful people I have met
Kindred souls along the way
Each with a story to tell
Conscious understanding
In their sympathetic eyes
A few tried to put me in their cage
I quickly turned their page
Avoiding evil rage
Moving forward quickly
Quirky human nature
I’ve learned we truly are quite similar
Created in the image of The Master
Different dialects
Customs
Tribal rituals
A child of God
At the center of our core
It dawns on me
In lightning bolt synapse
Vain wall collapse
Childlike clarity
The simple home I seek
Has been here all along
Nestled deep inside my restless soul
Longing for control
Complete mastery
Over silly insecurity
Artistic imagery
Temperamental notions
Hot and cold emotions
Transcendental oceans
Of poetic excellence
“Here comes the sun”
“It’s all right”………

© The Beatles Abbey Road
© Bill Grimes Jr. 2011


I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive