Sunday, November 27, 2011

EYES THAT BLINK WITH KINDNESS



Insomnia
My old unwelcomed friend
Causing me to bend
Don’t judge me
If you cannot comprehend
Simply feel my prose
Then thank your cosmic tea leaves
For the cattle path that you chose
My journey leads me inward
Underneath the bridges
Where destitution cowers
Prostitution flowers
Dead
Bloated bodies
Pile up by the hour
A pilgrim’s gait
At times
A bit unsure
Searching for the cure
Caution
Trumps raw courage
Slow paced
Then discouraged
Passions ember wanes
Borderline insane
Before blasting head first
Into mental illness
Bar fights
Northern Lights
Sacrificial rights
Loneliness is crushing
Gossip
Psychobabble hearsay
I choose not to play
Such juvenile games
Pure truth
Can always be found
In eyes that blink with kindness
Evil orbs however
Simply cant
Stark subliminal point
Clear
Razor sharp
Trust your basic instincts
Respect all sincere art
That flows from the heart
Ancient ice
Slowly melts
I reflect fondly
On the passion I have felt
Miles of weariness
Etched upon my middle aged face
Determined
Seeking Grace
Questions end with “whether”
Esoteric tether
Evil
Shall never win
Not now
Not ever…….

© Bill Grimes Jr. 2011

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive