Saturday, May 30, 2009

UNORTHODOX AFFAIR




I shaved my beard this morning
Symbolic rite of grief
Tale of separation
A love not meant to be
You pleaded with me not to leave
Yet I’m the one abandoned
Why
It’s not important now
This lie we have become
Hope fades in darkness
As dreams evaporate
Unorthodox affair
Romantic malnutrition
Perpetual mind games
Trumped by consequence
Heartache
Growing pains
Soul numbing sorrow
No reason to pretend
Fake it any longer
Harsh truth
Shackled spirit
Penetrating sting
Grand naivety
Destined to be fatal
So weary of the drama
Swinging pendulum
Orchestrated silence
Dreaded harbinger
Our friendship
Forged in hell
Full circle fate
No fond recollection
Much to my dismay
Blissful peaks
Far more brutal valleys
My patience
Now exhausted
At least I know the score
Crushing loneliness
Bridges burned by ego
Peace
Replaced by fear
Resentment
Disillusion
I’m grateful for the lesson
Despite such agony
Hardly worth such effort
Spiritual investment
My hungry heart
Unable
To flutter in uncertainty
Once I cared so deeply
Can’t feel it anymore
Safety net perhaps
Firewalled emotions
No honor in deception
Such a fool I’ve been
Clinging to false passion
Starry eyed façade
I’m strong this time
With purpose
Able to move on
I pray you find your answers
Wish you happiness


© Bill Grimes Jr. 2009



I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive