Sunday, May 03, 2009

THRASHING THOUGHTS


Thrashing thoughts
Of love divided
Opaque clarity
Weary of this silent war
Irregular heartbeat
She hides behind her trepidation
Slowly looks away
Two
Instead of one
So much damage done
Dreams of a better way
Alas
I was wrong
Heartache
Worse than death to me
Bitter enemy
How I wish I understood
I’ve loved her for so long
Lonely poet
Groans in flowing anguish
Some call it mental illness
In truth
Deep dismay
I’ve learned to accept it
A dark spot on my soul
No need
For false optimism
Empty promises
“I love you”
Falls on deaf ears
When “I’m in love with you”
Drives my very being


© Bill Grimes Jr. 2009

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive