Friday, October 29, 2010

FROM MY HEART TO YOURS



Long distance relationship
Cerebral Chess Match
In the very loosest of terms
I'm baffled and intrigued
Why I cling to your ghost
Lean towards you the most
As if you are truly real
This question perplexes me so
Perhaps I’m quite daft
To follow you so blindly
Or simply insane
For not letting go
I sure would like to know
At times you dodge me like a bullet
Then other times you hold me so closely
That I can feel your pounding heart
As if I would break
Chords that make me weep in artistic joy
I have so many questions
Those require truthful answers
I deem you precious in these aging eyes
Have no earthly idea why
Just know it to be true
You’re a package deal my muse
For what it’s worth, I’d have it no other way
Your blessings are alms to me as well
I already love them as mine
Children…..ALL CHILDREN are blessings
My mind swirls around discovery
And your certain way out and upward
Fifty one years of art
So close to fruition
Still so very far away
I'll never play games with your head dear Muse
Such is childish play
EVERY word I lay on your alter it so real
But to walk with me on this journey
You must have the proper mindset
Ready to drop all things ill man-made
Like lights out and smoking in the dark
Empty Fridge
What do the babies eat?
Life’s creature comforts
Denied……….
When cowards flee from their responsibilities
To me my dear
“Disruption” to your children
Is to leave them stuck in this vicious circle
I have no clue where that honed mind of yours now lurks
I’ve already tipped you my hand
If it's truly time to say goodbye
To your brilliant and melodic muse
Know that my heart shall shatter
It may not even matter
But my deepest thoughts see it differently
Far from the selfishness trip
The gilded, greedy kind
My how I wish I knew you better
For never has this opportunity come knocking so clearly
Patiently I wait until I can wait no more
Then you've already glimpsed the end of the story.........

© Bill Grimes Jr. 2010


--
"Approve or not...It's cool with me...The words have eyes...So you can see"... (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2008

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive