Saturday, September 22, 2007

LAKOTA LEGEND




LAKOTA LEGEND


Lakota warrior spirits
Whisper through the dusty land
Nobel Sioux Nation
Sacred Black Hills
“Paha Sapa”
“Heart of everything that is”
Once abundant herds
Thunder hooves
Roamed the vast Great Plains
Chief Rain in the Face
Hunkpapa Tribe
Sitting Bull’s Patrolman
Ghost Dance fugitive
Mighty Red Cloud
Legendary prowess
Garrison assaults
Brilliant strategy
Valiant survivor
Ferocious Crazy Horse
Visionary leader
Fierce determination
Defiant in defeat
Seven Rites tradition
Ancient prophecies
Mainstream Dream Catchers
Precious Earth Mother
Symbiotic dwelling
The white man’s lust for gold
U.S. Army cruelty
Slaughtered Bison carcass
Disgraceful mass starvation
Calculated murder
Paleface desecration
Death of a nation
A travesty indeed
Sometimes American History
Makes me nauseous


http://www.crystalinks.com/sioux.html


© Bill Grimes Jr. 2007

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive