Tuesday, July 24, 2007

50 YEARS STRONG (For my parents)


50 YEARS STRONG (For my parents)


50 years ago this day
A family
Borne of precious love
Bill and Dot
Vigor Grads
Endless hopes and dreams
Three healthy children
Gifts from God above
Pop smelled of “bread and butter”
Paper Mill aroma
Mimi ran the household
Little league
Girl Scout cookies
Blonde curls
Little girls
Mischievous boy
Backyard swings
Mop water incidents
A cat named “Fluffy”
A dog named “Trey”
Creek mud stains to deal with
Bible school days
A baby girl named “Buggy”
Pop
The coach
Mimi
Taxi Driver
Lisa Ann
The strong and steadfast one
Earned badge of patience
Sunday drives after church
Chickasaw afternoons
Homemade ice cream
Caramels
Grandparent’s pride and joy
Family dinner round the table
Abundant Lazy Susan
Vegetables my nemesis
Despite the many setbacks
Always a goodnight kiss
Bee stings
Bloody noses
Scraps with Scott Callahan
Playing “Army” in the hall
Weeks old food
Beneath “Queenies bed”
Leslie’s charm
The gerbils
Hard headed Weehoo
Rebellious Dreamer Athlete
Beatles albums
Barbie dolls
Easy Bake Ovens
Football games
Bike rides
Home run balls
Late night phone calls
Abdul and crew
They reverently called Mimi “Mother”
So grateful for the hospitality
So far away from home
Pop’s thunder snores
Mimi’s patient sighs
So many twisted turns
A family remains
Our life together
Hardly dull
Sacred memories
Warm and sweet
We thrive because of this sacred love
Our parents sacrifice
The Grimes Family
50 years strong and growing……..



(C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2007


I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive