Sunday, August 27, 2006

EXODUS











EXODUS



Exodus from alcoholic slavery
Horrid mental anguish
Migratory misery
Esophageal firestorm
Compliments of a thirty year binge
Supernatural blight
Nightmarish infiltration
To pinpoint the precise moment
Inaugural initiation
Obstructed blurry view
Clouds my rapid downward spiral
An unsuspecting teen
Arrogance fueled by defiance
Fear controlled my intellect
Drunken full tilt spin
Blindly into darkness
Futile distilled asylum
Insensitive wild eyed disconnection
Numb pandemonium
Shameless social etiquette
As I stumbled down the rocky path to hell
Lightening bolts of clarity
Reminders of my neurotic past
Living life from day to day
Filled with gratitude
Ever cognizant
Of addictions deadly embrace



© Bill Grimes Jr. 2006

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive