Monday, March 26, 2012

A BEAUTIFUL MESS




December 2011
Golden CO
Soothing Pink Floyd riffs
Engulf me as always
In complete awe
Artistic genius
Forever
My oasis
From the stiff winds of life
Constantly igniting
My deepest word man fuse
Nothing left to lose
Sedated Gag Reflex
Solar Plexus punch
Freudian hunch
Woodys Pizza for lunch
My mind drifts
In lazy
Fond reflection
To spin the bottle days
Innocent haze
Society malaise
I miss a few of these things
The sweet smell of a woman
Sacred morning spoon
On the dark side of the moon
Existential rings
Scrambled eggs at 3:00am
A road with seven bridges
Eight Track groove
Teenaged night moves
Harmony personified
Artful Dodger antics
In Mobile AL
So many friends I’ve made
Manipulative charades
Mardi Gras Parades
At times
I looked for trouble
In macho arrogance
Usually I found it
At times
I wish I had not
This day
My head faces skyward
In humble gratitude
My weary eyes
Reverently closed
Avoiding the high weeds
Focused on kind deeds
Child of God connections
Manuscript corrections
And still I smile……..

© Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive