Wednesday, October 26, 2011

REFLECTIONS ON THE WORLD’S LARGEST PRAIRIE DOG


Wednesday Oct. 26, 2011
Trip of self-discovery
Obliged inward emphasis
Just outside of Limon Colorado
A beautiful snowfall
Virgin white
Crunchy
Falling gently on my jacketless shoulder
I am genuinely enamored
Grateful for this stunning frosty gift
Clutch on the aging CD player
Thunder bass ripping
Jamming hard near Kit Carson
His icy western mansion
Few Pilgrims venture out
On the frozen roads
They hunker down instead
Ride out the blizzard fun inside
Me
I choose to ride
Traveler’s pride
In this time of uncertainty
I’m seeing who my friends truly are
Both near
And from afar
I sincerely thank you all
From the depths of my soul
As I push the Buick eastward
Enjoying God’s country
Bovina Colorado
Villanova Junction
One of Jimi’s finest instrumentals
I wink at the Pink Cadillac
Perched atop a sturdy steel pole
Flagler’s finest Diner
So I am told
As the blinding snowfall thins
SuddenlyI see
A herd of black cattle
Each with white midsections
As if they were hand painted
A puzzling surprise
Definitely a first
For these curious eyes
I-70 East
Mile marker64
Somewhere in snowy Kansas
Home to the world’s largest Prairie Dog
Weighing in
A hefty 8,000 pounds
Roommate to a five legged Steer
Assorted Rattle Snakes
Now THAT’S entertainment
“I used to lover her”
“But I had to kill her”
Axel
You’re a hoot
Slash
A top shelf Maestro
Of the Gibson Les Paul
Further down I-70
Mile Marker 266
BTO a blasting
As loud as I can stand it
“Let it roll”
“Down the highway”
An old familiar chill
My most trusted companion
Dancing down my spine
The cell phone rings
Above the rock and roll
A Friday interview
A blessing indeed
Come on Kansas City
I’ll be honored
To call you my new home
Suspend my jobless roam
And I smile
In gracious reflection…..

© Bill Grimes Jr. 2011

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive