Tuesday, June 28, 2011

SUBPRIME MARKET CRIME

Babylon crumbles
Wall Street limps along
Goldman Sachs commissions
Subprime market crime
A billion pensions lost
Such a lofty cost
Unbridled excess
Liberty undressed
Overvalued housing
First time mortgage dreams
Raped by Ponzi Schemes
Completely void of logic
So it seems
Morgan Stanley bullshit
Citi Bank’s raw greed
The monkey on our back
A travesty indeed
Joe Citizen is drowning
Nursing ancient rage
Narcissistic daze
Duped
Out of the hallowed nest egg
Our self made flood is rising
American Dream
Is slowly dying
Rest in peace
Sacred 401K
A noble vision shattered
Is there shame in strategic default?
Almighty Spike TV
Sixteen commercial barrage
Yes
I said sixteen
Every 15 minutes it seems
Now that’s entertainment
So many elephants
Stampede our tiny room
Gigantic pile of doom
Such is our predicament
As despondency flows forth
Following its own due course……..

© Bill Grimes Jr. 2011





I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive