Thursday, June 02, 2011

APRIL 27th, 2011 7:15PM


April 27th, 2011 7:15PM
As I sit here in the haunting candlelight
No power from the storm
My mind completely focused upon God
How Mighty
OMNIPOTENT is HE
How small and powerless am i
His light storms rake the sky
Howling tempest
Trees cracking from the raging winds
Funnel clouds
Hell-bent on total decimation
Hailstones
Golf ball sized
Smashing windshields
Hammering my fireplace flue
Torrential rain
Blasting sideways
The deafening ROAR
Of 10,000 Freight Trains
Carving their own tracks
INCREDIBLE
I am still
No true distractions
Just tears flowing down my cheeks
The brilliance of the storm raging outside
I think of those who have no safe shelter
Live underneath bridges
In the woods
I admire the warriors
Power Company Linemen
Law Men and Women
The humble Firemen
Nurses
Doctors
Hospitals
And those who keep them running
The very same beloved, brilliant caregivers
That replaced my diseased hip
What IF…..
They lost power as my body lay splayed upon an Operating Table
First Responders
Red Cross
Military care
They do it EVERY DAY
WOW
Is all that I can say
I thank you Jesus Christ
My Father and my Friend
For your majesty and grace
For loving me unconditionally
Despite my unworthiness
My aging eyes can’t see as well to write by candlelight
So I will close for now
Simply say SELAH
ALL PRAISE AND GLORY BE TO YOU
Please comfort those who suffer this brutal night……

© Bill Grimes Jr. 2011

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive