Saturday, November 15, 2008

FASCINATING KISS (For Mel)


I caught a glimpse of you today
Random
Passing by in traffic
Hauntingly familiar
Yet so fiercely distant
Complicated love
Crashing down around me still
My yearning heart
Pounding ricochet
Familiar breathless rhythm
These warp speed years
Have been quite kind to you
You wear them well my dear
My mind
Adrift
Delicious daydreams
Moonlight nights
Soulful calls at 3am
Lost dogs
Sober thoughts
Dealing with fear demons
Clinging to each other
Despite the awkward chemistry
Your tender hand
Softly cupped in mine
My hungry arms
Wrapped around your feminine waist
Your whisper voice
So soothing
To these aging ears
Incredible sparkle
Dancing through your loving eyes
That magical kiss
Ah Mel……..
That fascinating kiss
No discernible logic
This gnawing need for you
It simply is
Never left sweet lady
I’ve tried my best to let you go
No relief
No fulfillment
Are you still afraid?



© Bill Grimes Jr. 2008

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive