Saturday, February 26, 2011

SONG IN FRACTURE



Would you like to hear my story?
Could you listen for awhile?
Will you gaze at me intently?
Will you leave here with a smile?

I’m not looking for a roommate
I’m not bent on giving in
Just laying down some lyrics
About beauty, hope, and sin

Life has been prismatic
Holographic form
Filled with false bravado
Hauntingly lukewarm

So much for acceptance
To hell with fitting in
Mask of indignation
Melancholy wins

CHORUS
It hurts too much to focus
On things that might have been
On dreams of love abandoned
Or when the pain shall end

We all have subtle lessons
I learn mine every day
At times a bit confusing
And daunting I must say

I wrote this song in fracture
Whimsy of release
Weary of the loneliness
Seeking only peace

I’m sick and tired of silence
It’s time to move along
New friends and foreign places
As I learn how to be strong

Thank you for a hearing
I’m grateful for your time
May God bless and keep you always
May your sonnets always rhyme

CHORUS
It hurts too much to focus
On things that might have been
On dreams of love abandoned
Or when the pain shall end

© Bill Grimes Jr. 2011

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive