Monday, September 14, 2009

SONG FOR LINDA




I wrote this song for you
Although I must have dreamed you
Still I am amazed
You have no eyes
For me to analyze
Perhaps a shade of blue

A tale of you and me
Delicious fantasy
Yet saturated
With uncertainty

True love is worth the fight
On this lonely autumn night
Forever
A long…. long time……

Is my soul prepared?
For the sacrifice required
Are you sincere?
The ONE that I desire?

Unconscious suffering
Intellectual bleed
Hope within my brain
Why are you my need?

Experiment in pain
Attraction surreal
Inadvertent mind games
Such rhythm…
Still I feel

Wishing things were different
Somehow…
Things shall all work out
Yet knowing better Linda
My mind floods with doubt


Don’t toy with me dear lady
Coax me down a path that leads to nowhere
For I’m a dreamer too
Much farther gone than you

Fate
A bitch indeed
When it offers no completion
Whether chemical distraction
Or simply mental illness
Screaming for reaction

Closure is an open door
Despite the social dance
Courage to step through it
One never truly knows
If it’s our last chance…….


© Bill Grimes Jr. 2009

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive