Sunday, July 12, 2009

SAD HOLIDAY




5:44 am
Thunder clouds
Rock the peaceful stillness
July 4th has come and gone
Burnt paper aftermath
Wishing I could sleep
I guess I’ll write instead
Tried my hand at manhood
The child within still struggles
Dominating moodiness
Clinging to false hope
My thoughts reflect confusion
Painful destiny
Fierce
Wicked current
Burning intellect
Social disconnect
My shame burns so deeply
Such stark bewilderment
Daily futile visit
My inbox
Still empty
Your art of no reply
No longer reason why
If I’m not stimulated
Boredom simply rots me
Forced to grow each day
Or find another way
I’ve pulled away so many times
Only to be picked apart by guilt
I don’t know what to say
Never dreamed it would be this way
Shoot me now
Or drown me in your silence
It matters not to me
My eyes no longer see
This head shall soon explode
Surely split in two
I have no fear of death
But shall not force its hand
My focus
On true love
She’s screwed me every time
Dejection blows
I’m living proof
It rips away your mind
Leaves you weak and fetal
Survived to witness wonder
Died a thousand times
Wallowed in my misery
Crafted clever lines
Dancing on the outskirts of neurosis
Yet knowing the gist of right from wrong
My laughter has succumbed
No more tears to shed
I’ve got to quit this shit
No good can ever come from it
No longer willing to pretend
I crave numbing solace
Reached my bitter end
Or possibly
Beginning
Steeping in dejection
So many of you know me
Understand my gnawing need
To deal in brutal verity
Despite the awkward aftermath
Come this far on guts
I wish I were a coward
My urge
To withdraw
Travel deep within
Forsake the pantomime
Curl up with my prose
My how I love you girl
If only things were different
No blood is on your hands
For I’m the harlequin
No one else to blame
True love
A vicious game



© Bill Grimes Jr 2009

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive