Wednesday, April 02, 2008

WEATHERED DRIFTWOOD (Revised)


Across the foggy bay
Ancient lighthouse beckons
Through gale and harbor mist
Deathly still
Borrowed passage
Unknown
Treacherous rocky current
Majestic presence looming
Just beyond the sacred reef
Lunacy lagoon
I flow
Aging weathered driftwood
Flotsam and jetsam
Tidal moonlit ebb
Reviewing my life’s story
Starry evenings wake
Boiling it all down
To bite sized metaphors
Select precious moments
Calculated risks
My journey has been long
Self imposed cilice
Finally reaching trade winds
No room for armchair critics
Misguided mystics
This human gig
At times
Alone
A razors edge
Life and death complicity
It’s all about true impact
Significance of others
Positive contribution
Ionized exhortation
Constructing self esteem
Kind hearted empowerment
Depth of brilliant smiles
Cheerful eyes that penetrate
Lasting legacy of love
On this fringe
Here I shall stay
As my purpose here is served




© Bill Grimes Jr. 2006

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive