Thursday, January 03, 2008

WORDSMITH MANIFESTO......(Chocolate chip tranquility)




Such a fine line exists
Between sanity
Stark psychosis
I straddle it daily
Ever veering
From one precipice to the other
At times
Daring myself to jump
Does one ever achieve true balance?
I have spent 48 years
Pantomime at fitting in
Survive a crushing social masquerade
Loving dad
Humble servant
Indentured puppet
Just a man
Trying to impact others
Reflection can be brutal
Truth
Definitely offensive
Reality
Debatable
Dependant upon
The band that plays the loudest
If competence means wealth
Prestige
Political power
At others expense
I have no need for it
If success means opulence
Selfish indulgence
Sleepless nights
Count me out I say
It’s peace I crave
Silent satisfaction
Gooey chocolate chip tranquility
Fresh from life’s oven
Placid confidence
Eye to eye connection
With those who cross my path
My journey is predestined
Many snares along the way
Each glaring error
Stepping stone
To the sea of sweet acceptance
Living one day at a time
Comfortable in my own skin
I am but a peacemaker
Grateful child of God
Sensitive wordsmith
Sharing love
Longing to be loved in return
The high
Unequaled
The cost
My ego
The reward
Eternal redemption
The trip
An honor to share with you……


© Bill Grimes Jr. 2008

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive