Wednesday, December 26, 2007

SELFISH EYES




December 26th, 2007
Christmas day
Come and gone
Counting new blessings
Licking old wounds
A time of contemplation
Gratitude
Sheer wonder
Divine celebration
My reason to be
Hardly impressed
Broad commercial siege
Video games
Guitar heroes
A Savior in a manger
Twelve mortal tribes
One holy king
The dollar
Tumbles quickly
Skepticism reigns
Stark admonitions
Rife
Rampant gall
It seems we’ve lost our way
Along the storied climb
Selfish eyes
Triumphant
Swollen ego precept
A cautionary tale
Unfolds without restraint
Complicated days
Spiritual debase
Quiet time I seek
Reverent reflection
Continued separation
Love
All that matters


© Bill Grimes Jr. 2007

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive