Saturday, February 19, 2005

VIRGINIA INJUSTICE

VIRGINIA INJUSTICE (FOR MY BROTHER “RS”)

Tell me, what gives you the right
Just because your skin is white
To force a man to the ground
Just because his skin is brown

A kind and gentle man
My brother and my friend
Was abused and degraded
For the color of his skin

The man you sought was 6 feet tall
My friend is 5’5
Mistaken identity you say
Can you validate your call?

You trampled on his dignity
As you forced him in the mud
Because your narrow mind
Caused you to be so unkind

Where is the justice?
Where is the truth?
Please help me understand
Why the color of his skin
Let you violate this man

We are ALL God’s children
Brothers, you and I
What makes you such a bully?
How can you justify?

Treat ALL men with kindness
Treat EVERYONE the same
Compassion, love, brotherhood
All in Jesus’ name

I hope you hear my words
I speak them from my heart
Your acts are unacceptable
They were evil from the start

You need to understand
You will reap just what you sow
I will pray for you my bigot brother
Just wanted you to know



Bill Grimes Jr.
2-20-05
(c) 2005

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive