Sunday, February 20, 2005

AS IF IN A DREAM

AS IF IN A DREAM

I remember well, the hell
Cold turkey, coming down
After 30 years of drinking poison
No peace could be found

Sweating, shaking violently
My body racked with pain
Hallucinations, darkness, depression
My soul was lost in the rain

As I pondered suicide
I hit my knees, a broken man
And cried: “My God, are you there”?
“Please help me if you can”

Then, as if in a dream
My Savior came to me
And said “My precious child”
“I am here to set you free”

“I have always been here with you”
“I never left your side”
“I sacrificed myself for you”
“I was crucified”

His loving hands then lifted me
He gave me strength
He gave me hope
He gave me life
He taught my eyes to see

Today I walk beside him
Obedient, humble, joyful, and in love
Not worthy, but very grateful
For this grace from God above

His gift is free
For you and me
He longs for us to call
He gives us love
He gives us peace
And salvation to us all

I am sober
I am saved
I praise His Holy name
My story is true
I am brand new
And you can have the same


All you have to do is ask Him……….



Bill Grimes Jr.
2-21-05
(c) 2005

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive