Thursday, February 08, 2007

PLUCKED FROM THE MUCK








PLUCKED FROM THE MUCK




Distinct sucking sound
One I shall never forget
Clash of furious wet energy
Engaging
Inward water spout
Vortex
Boring straight down
Slurping victim descent
Into a water walled labyrinth
Life at times
Such helpless tugging
Forever looking for a weak spot
Lecherous
Bloodthirsty
Seducing each isolated weakness
Sucking it bone dry
As if deep in the forest
Massive sink hole
Vacuum cavity
Direct path into the jaws of hell
I am reminded vacuity
My soul
Feels like an excavation
Slowly
I let go of the fleshly
Tightly grip His gentle hand
Plucked from the quicksand
I hear the anguished cries of the drowning
Soon consumed by the fatal muck
This lesson I have learned
As my wings expand to fly
Discipleship
The walk grows solitary
Just the Lord and Me
As it should be
Him
I shall follow
Into hells maw
My imperfect human body
Showing signs of weakness
Nausea
Frailty
Dementia
Perhaps from the pharmaceuticals
Sickness
Preparation
The art of enduring loneliness
Gaping human hole
Miniscule in scale
Sights set on future vision
He in me
I in Him




© Bill Grimes Jr. 2006

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive