Saturday, February 03, 2007

CHEROKEE NATION








CHEROKEE NATION


Creek campfire legend
Speaks of the fierce “Chelokee”
“People of a different speech”
The noble Cherokee
Southern Appalachia
Tranquil home
Before the white mans oppression
Vastly powerful tribe
Peaceful co-existence
European expeditions
Organized elimination
Besieged their mountain habitat
Red Chiefs War Dance
Fought “civilized privileged treatment”
Priests became warriors
Then hunters for a profit
Shaky British alliance
Inter-nation treachery
1721
Treaty of deceit
Regulated trade
Smallpox devastation
Virginia massacre
No cover for their dead
Bitter “Trail of Tears”
At the hand of frontier militias
Forced indignant retreat
Decimated homeland
“Dawes Commission”, 1885
Ill informed attempt at civility
Oklahoma’s arrival
Tragic chain of events
Once proud Cherokee Nation
Swindled
Victims of Caucasian larceny


http://www.tolatsga.org/Cherokee2.html


© Bill Grimes Jr. 2007

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive